[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Bless grandma's little heart......
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Place was absolutely SLAMMED tonight, every line all the way into the aisles and NO self-checkouts for those of us smart enough to actually use them. To make matters worse, we hit the 20 item or less speed lane, and grandma is running the register, and proceeds to put our 17 items in one friggin bag (weighed about 60lbs). I know the way that they do labor and such, but at least have some speed on the express register, and the self-checkouts open (would save the overworked, short-handed cashiers some trouble).
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Bless grandma's little heart......
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
Speedy = non-arthritic cashiers!
Slow = grandma and her single bag
We weren't in the "Grandma lane - sit and wait"
I know how they choose how many cashiers work. The computer averages past customers/sales for the same time period and says "ok today you'll have X number of cashiers." They dont have the privilege of calling in more cashiers.
But most of the time, this system just doesn't work.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
today when Blue and I were checking out they had absolutely NONE of the bigger plastic bags only the really really small ones that you put like jewlery in or something. we just thought it was funny b/c of all places Wal*Mart actually didn't have something we needed and usually there isn't anything that you'd need you can't find at Wal*Mart...
about a month ago i went ot walmart and got grocerys. I was wanting to use the self checkouts but at one of the a man was trying to put a cehck in the slot after pressing the cash button. After a 10 minute wait i decided to go to the other self checkout since one person was in it. Well the took like 5m inutes trying to figure out how to scan an item. I believe that every person who goes to walmart should have to take an IQ test and if you have a high enough score you can use a Self Checkout and if not to the regular lines you go.
Reeking of awesomeness!
Good point.
I also get annoyed when you have a family that has their full months worth of groceries at the self-checkout.
Now that's efficient. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Loads of fun watching them try to figure out how to ring up bananas. You see the sticker on the produce? Key in 4011 you moron!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Oh and let's not forget... One does not have to punch the screen. Those are not real buttons. Just touch the screen. Touch. Not Punch. Wait - maybe I should just let these people break their fingers doing this. Then maybe they'll learn.
And lastly... one does not have to rub one's purchase across the upc reader. In fact - it works very poorly when that's done. Stop it.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Perhaps they should put in training lanes , where would have to scan something and "check-out" before you can "check-into" the store. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
The ones who struggle with the self checkouts are also the ones who are still trying to figure out the correct lane to get in when driving to Wal-Mart. You'd think that they were trying to navigate Metropolis
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
In about April I had to go to Goodys to pick up my tux for prom and after that I went to wal mart to buy minutes for my trac fone. I was at the check out. And the lady working there paid no attention to me standing there whil she was talking to another customer saying something like "I'll hunt in my backyard if I have to". She was having a conversation with a customer about hunting paying no attention then I just got mad and went to another one.
Some of the people there act like they've never heard of saying "excuse me" when they are trying to get by you.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Liked the new store at first. But now find it actually more inconvient. Which most of my experiences have been early to late afternoon.
Bookmarks